Monday, September 29, 2008

Do you know the way to San Jose?

La la la la la la la la la.....

It's better when Dionne Warwick does it, but I have been singing that song to Lilly because she does, in fact, know the way to San Jose. We flew into San Jose and then drove to GORGEOUS Aptos for my cousin Caroline's wedding. It was an amazing wedding, so much fun to see the family, and Lillian was a super-star. She handled the 4.5 hour flight with as much composure and grace a 7 month old can muster.

I have pictures, 3 exactly, of the pre-wedding festivities. But since I was a bridesmaid, I slacked majorly on the picture taking. So I am going to rely on family to e-mail me some of their pictures, so I can share.

Here's what she did in Cali: Dipped her toes in the Pacific (she is now bi-coastal, having been in both the Pacific and Atlantic) , wore a sweet party dress, and ate mashed potatoes and cupcake frosting at the wedding. And she got some QT in with cousin Leo and shared some of her secrets for pulling an all-nighter on the folks (which, apparently he put into good use during his trip later that week to Napa).

So to sum it up, if you can make it to Aptos, do it. The place is so much fun! And if you can be a part of an Angleson family event, do it. You'll have a blast, but you'll be exhausted afterwards! In a good way.

And speaking of exhaustion, we're encouraging Lilly to sleep through the night. She's doing really well, only waking up once or twice and fussing for a few minutes, then nodding back to a peaceful slumber. She's a fast learner. And the bags under my eyes are slowly going away. The dark circles might be here to stay!

No comments: