First, we have the darling Halloween top Alice gave her. We paired it with black leggings and ran all our errands in the spirit of the holiday. Thank you for the shirt Alice, we love it!
Then it was on to our first official costume. Mimi bought Lilly a black-cat get-up. And since she is crawling, she really looked like a black kitten. Take a look! Now the third outfit has a bit of a story. Lillian was born on Groundhog Day, so I had my heart set on her being a groundhog for Halloween. Well, who on earth would make such a ridiculous costume, you ask? Pottery Barn Kids, of course. I kid you not, they had a hedgehog costume. I figured, groundhog...hedgehog... what's the difference. So, ladies and gentlemen, let me present Miss Lillian French, queen of the groundhog.
I know what you're thinking, no kid should be this cute, right?
It gets better. Molly practically begged us to give her a costume as well (actually, that is a full-out lie. Molly would probably rather go without food for eternity than suffer the humiliation of wearing clothes, but she played along). So she "wore" my velour hoodie and was the groundhog's shadow! Genius? Perhaps!
Now in this last picture, Lilly clearly sees her shadow. So, does this mean we will have a bear of a winter? She looks a little scared. Molly looks unimpressed. Remember the playing dead thing I mentioned a post back? This could be a bad sign. Cute, though!
2 comments:
I can't believe you found her costume! That was your plan from the beginning! She's adorable and I love that Molly played along. Love you guys!! xoxoxo
"Me and my shadow...." I laugh evey time I look at this page!
Post a Comment