Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Lazy Bones...

... is what I am calling myself. I have neglected my blog duties and I truly regret that. We have been busy, so there are plenty of updates.

First, and most importantly, we had our 9 month old check-up. Lillian is 16.25 pounds (which is about the 5th percentile) and 28 inches long (15th percentile...the girl's petite) of normal temperature and not anemic. She's eating the right foods and passing her milestones and then some. Picture of health, infact. Plus, she's sleeping so well, I feel like a new woman!

Lillian had a wonderful Thanksgiving. She ate a little of everything, but she was especially taken by the pumpkin pie. And she learned that if one is out of hair gel, a nice spoonful of mashed potatoes will hold your hair in place. We had Mimi and Grandpa over for a wonderful dinner!

Prior to the big feast, we took a trip to Stillwater for Great-Grandpa Sugar's birthday party. Everybody say OPA!

The 4 hour car ride means we need to be creative with entertainment. So we let Lilly practice her piano... which came in handy later.





She wanted to make sure she was ready to go solo for the whole family. Cousin Leo eventually joined in on the jam session.
The weekend was a blast... Leo spent the night while his mom and dad enjoyed their first night away. So Gramma, Aunt Steph and cousin Lilly made sure he was well cared for the whole time (or emotionally smothered depending on how you look at it).


He hung in there with all the girl time, until we made him do his tummy exercises. And, well, if a picture really says a thousand words, Leo would be saying "get me outta here" 250 times.




So Uncle Jon stepped in for some guy time.

We had a wonderful weekend, and here are more pictures to prove it!













Life is good! Do you think she's a happy girl? Next up: pictures from the family hunt and "hide and seek". And I've been told I need to add a video of Lillian singing into her keyboard mic. It is pretty cute!
So forgive my lapse, and please don't send the villagers after me...I've just been LAZY, LAZY, LAZY!




1 comment:

Gramma said...

What a gal! Pure joy.